5 Benefits of Farm to Table Restaurants
Though the concept of farm-to-table has been around for decades, the farm-to-table movement itself has taken off in recent years. With foodies looking for healthier food choices, more and more restaurants are looking at ways to keep chemicals and unnecessary calories out of foods and more flavors in. Austin’s Harvest Restaurant has embraced the concept of full flavor with healthy choices by creating recipes that include fresh-grown produce from Bethea’s Garden, an organically grown farm garden grown and harvested by Brookgreen Gardens’ horticulture department.
Patrons to Austin’s Harvest Restaurant enjoy a fine dining experience alongside the Rainey Galleries in Brookgreen Gardens. However, perhaps even better is that patrons can enjoy the delectable cuisine prepared by Chef Bill Austin and his team. This said, there are several benefits of farm-to-table restaurants. Check out this list of just five of the many benefits you will experience during your lunchtime visit.
- Enjoy the freshest of flavors. Restaurants such as Austin’s Harvest Restaurant that source their ingredients from local farms and gardens don’t have to extend the useful life of these ingredients through preservation or freezing techniques. For this reason, every dish created by Chef Bill will taste fresh – and even better, it really is!
- Fresh ingredients are better for your health. When we go out to eat after a long morning of fun and sun on Pawleys Island or before the nighttime festivities begin, it can be easy to overeat and feel bloated. But with fresh ingredients and adequately prepared portions, meals are more enjoyable, making you feel better both during and after your meal.
- Farm-to-table provides a great way to educate your children about sustainability. During your family meal at Austin’s, talk to your family about how the farm-to-table model works. Or, consider a separate trip to visit Bethea’s Garden and see where your food came from. Bethea’s Garden is located behind the Wall Lowcountry Center.
- When eating out, it is nice to know where your food came from. When you eat at Austin’s, you’ll know that the fruits and vegetables you are enjoying are produced locally in a beautiful garden, named in memory of Linda Floyd’s parents, Bethea and Thedis Barrineau. Bethea’s Garden uses sustainable gardening practices and produces beautiful heirloom species of vegetables, fruits, and flowers.
- Farm-to-table restaurants have the unique ability to change out their menu more often. Austin’s can change out the menu by season, based on what is growing in the Garden at any given time.
Give Austin’s Harvest Restaurant in Murrells Inlet a Try
After a morning of enjoying fun activities in the Murrells Inlet area, head to Austin’s for a delightful and flavorful lunchtime meal. Open seven days a week from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., a meal at Austin’s Harvest Restaurant will be sure to be part of your perfect day in Pawleys Island. Try the harvest burger, roasted turkey sandwich, blue crab spaghetti, or one of the other many delightful delicacies available on the menu. We promise you won’t be disappointed.