There is little doubt that spending time outdoors is good for you. When we are outside, our bodies have the chance to slow down a bit. Further, nature helps to instill peace and calm and improves mood. For these reasons and more, it is no wonder that people like to combine the outdoors with a fantastic meal.
Regardless of where you get to spend your time outside, there are various ways to create a fantastic dining space. Check out this list of helpful ideas to great a marvelous outdoor dining oasis.
- Determine where your outdoor dining location should be situated. Of course, location, location, location. If you have a choice on where your dining location will be, set up chairs and sit at each option for awhile to see where you find yourself the most relaxed. Once you have identified that location, determine if it will be easy or difficult to use that space as a dining area. Be sure to consider the distance to the kitchen, stairs that you will need to tackle, etc.
- If you have a pool or water-view, make it a focal point. If you have a pool that you can leverage, consider adding some fun colored lights to create a fun mood. Consider floating candles for an evening meal. Just don’t forget to remove the pool vacuum or any effects that could distract from the experience you are trying to create.
- Choose the right outdoor furniture. When enjoying a meal outdoors, you likely want to linger awhile and enjoy the atmosphere. For this reason, it is important that you invest in the right outdoor dining furniture. Consider how many people will need to be seated, the space you have available, and the style and shape of the furniture you like. Finally, don’t forget comfort.
- Position your table for the best view. If you have a view that people will want to admire, make sure it is easy for them to do so when seated at the table. Position your table so that you and your guests can enjoy the amenities of the nearby landscape.
- Keep your guests cool. If you plan to dine when it is hot or humid outside, make sure that there is plenty of shade or that you have cooling devices to help keep you and your guests comfortable. Nothing can ruin a meal more aside from a monsoon than weather that has you dripping with sweat.
- Don’t underestimate the table setting. Not only do you want your outdoor table setting to be functional, but you also want it to be aesthetically pleasing. After you ensure you have all the utensils and tableware that you will need for the meal, consider the look you are going for. Aligning your table setting with the theme of the festivities will help maximize the experience.
- Ambiance matters. As you are considering that table setting, think about ambiance too. Does your setting call for a floral arrangement? Perhaps candles will complete the look. Maybe party favors will adorn the table.
- Opt for buffet, family-style, or a plated meal experience. Different festivities call for different plans, so whenever you are planning to dine outdoors, consider which dining style best aligns with your festivities and objectives. If you have the space, consider a buffet which makes it easy for guests to get up and get seconds as they wish. Plus, this leaves more space on the table for your table setting and wine glasses.
- Burn some citronella candles. If you live in an area where mosquitoes or other bugs are frequent, be prepared with some citronella candles burning around the space’s perimeter. Make sure that you don’t burn citronella candles burning on your dining table, as the aroma can interfere with the taste of your food. And if you have time in advance, consider spraying for bugs or smoking them out with a fogger a few hours before the event.
- Make it easy for all guests. You don’t necessarily need to go for the ADA compliant option if you are dining on private property, but that doesn’t mean that you should forego your guests’ comfort. Make sure that your dining space is accessible for guests with disabilities or those who may need extra assistance getting to and from the table.
Check out Austin’s Cabana Café when in Pawleys Island
If you are looking for someone else to do the work for you and you happen to be in the Pawleys Island area, check out Austin’s Cabana Café for an unbeatable outdoor dining experience. The Cabana Café offers a splendid outdoor location complete with modern fusion cuisine in a casual environment. Make the Cabana Café your destination after a long day of taking in the local history and sites. With the outdoor seating and open-air bar, you will not be disappointed.